Monday, December 14, 2009

Penyamun upah perompak...

The Star Online report on Thursday June 21, 2007.

Former flying school operator charged with cheating

By Sarban Singh

SEREMBAN: A former flying school operator was charged Thursday with cheating three individuals into believing that the Department of Civil Aviation had issued a license to his company to train would be pilots.

In the first charge, Suresh Shannon Cyril Xavier, 31, allegedly cheated Kelvin Mohan Thambiduray 20, into believing that the Youth and Sports Ministry would sponsor RM100,000 for each student who wished to pursue PPL, CPL and ATPL courses at his school known as Youth and Sports Experimental Aircraft Association (YSEAA).

He allegedly committed the offence between July 6, 2005 and Jan 12, 2006 at No 135 Jalan UTL 4, Bandar Universiti Teknologi Lagenda in Mantin.

In the second charge, he allegedly deceived J.Kalaiselvam 24, at the same place between June 24, 2005 and Nov 21, 2005 into believing the same.

In the third charge, Shannon allegedly misled Kong Kok Ling 21, into believing the same at Lot 4937, Seremban Parade along Jalan Yam Tuan.

The offence was allegedly committed between March 2005 and Nov 23, 2005.
Shannon had apparently received RM15,445 from Kelvin, RM13,300 (Kalaiselvam) and RM23,300 (Kong) in accommodation and study fees.

Shannon, who was arrested in Labuan on Monday, pleaded not guilty to all three charges.
The case was heard before Sessions Court judge Alaudeen Ismail.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Anas Ahmad Zakie urged the court to impose a bail of RM25,000 for each of the charges and ask the accused to surrendered his travel documents.

“We have received not three but 20 reports on this case. This is a serious case,” he said.
However, defence counsel Jason R Gomez appealed to the court to impose a lesser bail.
Alaudden then fixed RM30,000 bail and ordered Shannon to surrender his travel documents to the court.

He fixed Aug 21 to decide if the three cases would be heard together.
If found guilty, Shannon can be jailed between one and 10 years, whipped and fined.

After posting bail, Shannon was rearrested outside the court for using a false identity card to transfer the ownership of a motorcycle bearing registration plate WDB 8111 in Wangsa Maju, Kuala Lumpur. The alleged offence was committed on July 12, 2005. He will be charged in Kuala Lumpur later.

No comments:

Post a Comment