Saturday, May 23, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Kes semalam adalah antara banyak kes jenayah kejam yang berlaku dalam negara kini. Setiap hari akhbar melaporkan kes-kes jenayah, baik yang dilakukan oleh rakyat tempatan ataupun warga asing. Saban hari berlaku, itu yang dilaporkan. Jika kita di dalam rumah, sama seperti kita berada dalam penjara, kerana dikelilingi oleh jeriji besi yang bermangga kukuh. Itu pun masih lagi rumah kena pecah, bukan sekadar rumah rakyat biasa, rumah pemimpin pun kena pecah juga, hatta rumah pegawai kanan polis pun tidak terlepas dari menjadi mangsa.
Ini membuktikan bahawa rakyat negara ini sudah hidup mewah, kerana perompak memikirkan mangsa mereka mesti mempunyai wang atau barang berharga untuk dicuri. Menjadi masalah dan atau kecenderungan penjenayah ini untuk mencedera mangsa malah sehingga sanggup membunuh.
Kita akan menyalahkan kerajaan dan polis. Namun polis juga menghadapi masalah yang sama, dengan kekurangan anggota ditambah pula dengan peralatan kepolisian yang agak ketinggalan zaman. Bayangkan untuk sebuah balai polis, hanya terdapat 2 baju kalis peluru, berberapa pucuk pistol yang sudah ketinggalan zaman hatta, set radio perhubungan pun ntah zaman bila punya. Pada zaman teknologi canggih ini, kerajaan sepatutnya memanafaatkan teknologi ini. Kadang-kadang penjenayah mempunyai kehebatan teknologi yang lebih jauh dari polis sendiri.
Rakyat juga harus berkerjasama dengan polis dengan menyalurkan maklumat berkaitan jenayah dan polis pun jangan ambil ringan dengan aduan rakyat. Polis perlu jujur dalam membeteras jenayah, kikiskan imej buruk anggota yang menjadi pelindung kepada penjenayah.
Menurut laporan beliau akan dikebumikan selepas solat Jumaat hari ini.
Allahyarham yang lebih dikenali sebagai Paksu Weil antara Adun yang paling lama di Kelantan.
Beliau memenangi Dun Manek Urai pada pilihan raya umum 1986. Sehingga sekarang beliau sudah lima penggal mewakili Dun berkenaan.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
The party's leader, R. Thanenthiran, took on a prominent role in Hindraf after the detentions, which ended in recent weeks when the five were released by newly appointed prime minister Najib Razak.
"Each and every citizen of this country should be treated equally," Thanenthiran told a press conference held to launch the party.
"This party will house Indians from all walks of life under one umbrella, besides acting as a bridge to unite the multiracial people of Malaysia."
Ethnic Indians, who make up less than eight percent of the 27 million population of the mainly Muslim-Malay country, say they fare badly in terms of education, wealth and employment opportunities.
Thanenthiran said 5,000 members had already signed up, and that he aimed to build membership to 300,000 within a year.
He said the party would remain independent, but would "work with any coalition or party which gives benefits to Indians."
Registering a new political party can be difficult in Malaysia -- a socialist party was only recently approved after a decade-long struggle -- but Thanenthiren showed the press conference a certificate of approval.
Despite the speedy registration, he denied that Makkal Sakti would lean towards the ruling Barisan Nasional coalition, which has been abandoned by Malaysia's minorities.
The coalition, led by the United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) which represents majority Muslim Malays, was battered in general elections a year ago when ethnic Chinese and Indians switched to the opposition.
Chinese and Indian-based parties within the coalition were wiped out, and the government has been searching for ways to reconnect with minorities.
Political analyst Khoo Kay Peng said that race-based parties were not the way forward for Malaysia, and that Makkal Sakti would struggle because it lacks the backing of other top Hindraf figures.
"Deciding to join the BN coalition would be a mistake as... the new party would be viewed as selling out," he said. AFP.
Monday, May 18, 2009
"Duit yang dia bagi kita ambil, tetapi jangan undi dia, akhirnya dia akan perit setelah dia berasa dia bodoh dan tertipu," ujarnya ( Mursyidul Am, Tuan Guru Dato' Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat )
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Tapi ramai juga yang akan kecewa kerana tidak "masshyuk", ya lah masing-masing akan jadi penonton saja. Masuk angin keluar asap.
The proposal letter from the Economic Planning Unit (EPU) of the Prime Minister's Department on the matter was received by the state government on April 25.
"If the state government agrees with the proposal, we want the federal government to hold a dialogue so that the people of Penang will also be informed about the matter," he told reporters, here, today (15 May).
The 17km PORR, connecting the road from the Penang Bridge to Tanjong Bungah and costing RM1.02 billion, was initially expected to be completed by 2010 but the project implementation has been delayed until now due to the economic crisis.
Lim said EPU, meanwhile, also accepted the proposal from Daya Aliran Inovasi Sdn Bhd to take over the construction of PORR from Peninsular Metro-Works Sdn Bhd (PMWSB).
However, Lim declined to comment when asked about the amount of compensation for PMWSB.
In another development, Lim urged former chief minister (CM) Tan Seri Dr Koh Tsu Koon, former deputy CM Datuk Abdul Rashid Abdullah and Penang Gerakan chairman Datuk Dr Teng Hock Nan to cooperate in the probe into the compensation paid to Tang Hak Ju over a land deal.
"We have lost the case but if possible, we want the former CM and state exco members concerned to come and discuss the issue with us to see if the compensation payment imposed on the present state government can be further reduced," he said.
Yesterday, the state government deposited a sum of about RM14.7 million with the Penang High Court, being 50 per cent of the compensation to be paid to Tang Hak Ju over a land deal that went awry.
The private land owned by a Chinese temple in Seberang Perai Tengah was designated as a state-owned land and leased out to Tang for quarrying purpose.
However, Tang who paid a RM354,473 land premium, sued the then state government for compensation when the real private land owner stopped his quarry operation.
Tang later demanded a RM1.8 million compensation and a replacement land in Juru from the state government as out-of-court settlement, but the state government disagreed, causing him to take the case to court.
Subsequently, the court ordered the state government to pay R40 million which was reduced to RM29 million after appeal.